- Already house trained. Self explanatory & totally awesome. This is such an amazing reason I might not need to do the other 4.
- Extreme amounts of cuddling. This dog does not want to play catch, this dog does not want to play hide the stuffed banana. This dog wants to sit by you & sleep. A whole lot. Which means you get to sit in one place (& read or watch a movie or just, you know, sit) a whole lot. & it would be really sad for the dog if you didn’t. So, go on. Grab a cup of tea & Entertainment Weekly magazine. Snuggle up with a cozy blanket & your buddy. Do it for the dog.
- Comfort = Healing. Often when you get an older dog, it’s because there has been a sad situation; The previous owner died, the previous owners moved away, the previous owner was a complete monster & hurt them (curses on those heads). These doggies are sad, they are going through grief & trauma. Any love & kindness you have to give them they will treasure. & they give it back times a trillion. If you are going through a sad time, an experienced dog understands. They know that sometimes the best thing is just to sit & let themselves be pet or go on a nice slow walk.
- Rescue = Healing. Along with the comfort aspect, just the idea that an experienced dog isn’t sitting at the pound is a super rewarding. Knowing that you get to give this little love a new start is beautiful. Healing for them, healing for you.
- Never underestimate the grey. Have you seen George Clooney lately? His hair is all salt & peppery, his beard is also sprinkled with it. & he’s still attractive as ever. Am I comparing an older dog with a grey muzzle to one of the handsomest actors to ever be on film? Yes. Yes, I am. Because, seriously? Those adorable grey streaks around the whiskers & ears? Irresistible! (Now I’m talking about the dog) When we were first married, my husband & I inherited a Scottie dog. We lived on a farm & he had to go to the groomer a lot. When we walked into get him his first cut the groomer took one look at him & said, ‘I see we’ve got an older gentleman!’. Yep, we sure do! & we shall all treat him accordingly, with all the respect an experienced dog deserves!
Today we get to collaborate with the new movie, A Dog’s Purpose, to do an awesome giveaway! This movie looks so great. & if you’re anything like me (a little bit obsessed with movies & dogs), you’ve already seen the preview & cried. It seriously looks so wonderful. Here’s a little description:
A DOG’S PURPOSE, is a sweet and lovable family film that shares the soulful and surprising story of one devoted dog (voiced by Josh Gad) who finds the meaning of his own existence through the lives of the humans he teaches to laugh and love. Told from the perspective of “everybody’s best friend” the film highlights the importance of familial bonds, and the unconditional love we have for our best friends.
& that great trailer (might need to grab a tissue)
Tell me about your dog! Or your cat! Or your hamster or a really great piece of art that you have up at your house.
You do not need to be a dog lover to win this giveaway, you just need to enjoy going to the movies.
We will draw a winner on Friday, January 27 at 9pm to win a $25 Fandango Gift Card!