Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm (and Pumpkin Patch!) is a local, family-owned business, run by Bob and Lynn Schutte, just south-east of Eugene in Pleasant Hill. While well-known for their beautiful selection of Christmas Trees, they also grow award-winning pumpkins and beautiful Dahlias. In addition, they raise cattle, pigs, chickens and turkeys. Bob and Lynn also rent out their gorgeous riverside home for Summer weddings, which can accommodate up to 300 guests.
We love that so much detail has gone into making this a special place. You will appreciate the amenities and photo-ops that make this a family tradition for years to come.
- Plan to spend a few hours! Kids will want to play pumpkin tic-tac-toe, check out the Spider Web Shed, and climb aboard the Hay-Flower.
- The hayride is not in a covered wagon, so plan to wear rain-gear if the forecast calls for showers.
- Don’t worry about warming up, there is plenty of espresso to go around in the gift shop! Moms will adore all of the seasonal decor for purchase, and kids will enjoy picking out a spooky souvenir.
- Definitely grab a wheelbarrow to haul your pumpkins back to be weighed! With so many varieties to choose from, you won’t walk away empty-handed.
- Cleanest. Port-a-Potties. Ever. With a separate hand-washing sink and plenty of soap! Swoon!
- Pony rides and corn maze!
- Take lots of photos! Be sure to snap one of the family under the famous Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm sign, perfect for your Holiday cards!
Adults (12+) $9.50
Children (4-11) $7.50
Ages 3 and under are FREE
Family Pass (2 adults & 2 children) $30
- Price includes admission to maze and all farm activities.
- Pumpkins available for sale by size range.
- For field trips and group reservations call 541-746-5161
2017 Dates and Hours
Open Saturday, September 30th to Tuesday, October 31st.
- Closed on Mondays
- Tuesday-Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
- Friday-Saturday 10 am to 10 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
Harry Potter (mildly) Haunted Maze
Starts Friday, October 6th
Friday and Saturday evenings 7 - 10 pm
From Eugene: Follow I5 South to Exit 188 onto OR-58 toward Oakridge, keep left onto OR-58 toward Oakridge. Follow 5.8 miles, turn left onto Parkway Rd, turn right onto Wheeler Rd.
Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm
36777 Wheeler Road
Pleasant Hill, OR 97455
Special thanks to Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm for partnering with Go Mom Go, and to friend of the blog, Rachel Wheeler, for the beautiful photos!
Amy Van Dyke is the mom of 2 awesome boys & the owner of life, love, oils as a representative of doTerra essential oils. She also writes our new Healthy Kids, Happy Homes series.