Let’s be honest. We’ve all been there, done that, and it’s a bit uninspiring.
But what I am interested in is how food can bring relief to my tired, postpartum body while nourishing my new child and the rest of my family. There are foods that heal, and we needn’t be intimidated by lack of money, time, or ability.
And whether you’re expecting a baby soon or just curious how food can help balance hormones and elevate your mood after the sugar-infused season we just celebrated, Eugene’s newest specialty grocery store is here to help! Be sure to enter the $50 Whole Foods gift card giveaway too!
Listed below are a few of Ou’s favorite pantry items, all of which can be affordably found
at Whole Foods. Click on links for detailed recipes, inspired by Ou.
- Adzuki beans – add to a Mother’s Bowl or soup/stew. They are small (good for picky eaters with texture issues) and the easiest bean to digest.
- Bulk grains and unsweetened dried fruit – combine to make Coconut Dried Fruit Granola.
- Black sesame seeds – add to smoothies or sprinkle in savory or sweet dishes for extra crunch. This ingredient is age defying, offers lactation support for nursing moms, and has B vitamins and iron.
- Goji berries – infuse these to make a nutrient rich hot tea or an iced tea you can sip on all day.
- Spirulina and Bee pollen – add one of these supplements to a smoothie for natural energy, an easy B vitamin and protein boost, and purification.
- Check out their weekly sales flyer
- The Whole Deal coupon book is available in store
- Download the Whole Foods digital coupon app
- Kids 12 & under can enjoy a free piece of fruit every time they are in the store (fruit is located at the Customer Service Desk).
- The Eugene store offers a private upstairs space that can be reserved for social groups, businesses, boards, etc…for free. The space has been used for mom's coffee dates (they have a baby gate), mom’s night out, and wine & cheese tasting events.
- They are committed to the community! Since opening in September 2016, they have donated over $23,000 to the Eugene/Springfield community through their 5% days.
- January 6-8, 25% off ALL supplements...some supplements will already be offered at promo price so will actually be 50% off when combined with the sale.
- January 14, Health & Wellness Fair from 10am-2pm – various vendors will be sampling their products, healthy recipe ideas, and Eugene Yoga will be running a couple free yoga classes in the private space upstairs.
- January 21, Barre3 free pop-up class and wellness education from 10:30am-1pm.
- February 11, Free Valentine’s day craft for kids, from 12-2pm.
- February 16, A Registered Dietician from PeaceHealth will be hosting a free educational class on maternal health, from 6pm-7pm.
And…Whole Foods Eugene is giving away a $50 gift card to a GoMomGo Reader! So awesome!
Comment on this post with what you love about Whole Foods (if you've been there) or what interests you in Whole Foods if you haven't been yet.
You can also enter on our Facebook page & share for more entries.
Giveaway winner will be announced on Sunday, January 1, 2017 at noon. Happy New Year, right?