First of all: Did you know that if you go to the Eugene Parks and Rec website, there is a place where you can request an actual paper map of all of the parks and green spaces in town? And they will send it to you for free in the actual mail? Isn't that so old fashioned and quaint? Paper! And mail! It's like we're living in the little house on the prairie! :) I keep my map in my car, and it's so very handy for when we are running errands and have a bit of extra time, but aren't super familiar with the area. We use the map and BOOM. Park located. Here's the link to get your copy:
Here's what we liked:
- Beautiful little park set way back far from the road
-It's tucked back inside a little neighborhood and feels very quiet
- Lots of shade
-Several picnic tables
- There's a merry go round, for those of you with kiddos who won't barf the minute it starts turning.
- Four swings: two "little kid" swings and two "big kid" swings.
- A PURPLE DINOSAUR. Awesome.
- No sand ;)
- A very fun little play structure, which was perfect for the preschool crowd. Older kiddos would probably find it a bit boring.
- This super cool spider web thing!
Here's what we didn't like so much:
- No trash can near the play area (picky, I know, but not very handy)
- There is a paved path, but it doesn't circle the play area. It just goes to the street. So this isn't an ideal place to bring your wheeled toys to ride.
One last note: It occurred to me that this park would be a super fun spot to have a birthday party. There's a picnic table right near the play area, as well as several others in the grass a bit farther out. It would be lovely!
Oh and another thing! Don't put "Bond Lane Park" into your GPS/maps feature on your phone. Unless maybe you happen to have a way smarter phone than mine or my friend. Both of our phones led us to a residential house several blocks down the street from the actual park. Seriously, it took us down Bradley Drive, which is not helpful at all. Even the way it looks on my phone map is really misleading. Just keep driving down Bond Lane, and you'll see the park. Which leads me back to my first point...get the free paper map! Happy Adventuring!