Today we get to hear from Megan! Megan knows itty bitty really well & we are super lucky to get some of her insights, enjoy!
Do you have children? Do they read books? Do they enjoy toys? Do they require specialty items like soccer cleats or car seats? Do they wear clothing? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you need to get yourself out to Camp Harlow in a few weeks for a little sale that we locals like to call ‘itty bitty boutique’.
Spoiler: that’s actually the name of the sale.
Maybe some of you have heard of itty bitty before? If so, that’s fantastic, because it’s such a great local resource for getting your Littles outfitted with all the necessary goods. Maybe you haven’t heard of it, and if not, well boy howdy, is this the post for you!
Itty bitty boutique is a consignment sale, which means that regular old people like you and me go through their lightly loved treasures that they don’t need anymore, wash and clean everything up, and sell them through the itty bitty sale. This is awesome because they (they’re called consignors) make some money while getting rid of unneeded stuff. In turn, itty bitty takes a chunk of the proceeds, and the shoppers get to take home awesome goodies. Everyone wins!
I’ve already sung the praises of itty bitty here at gomomgo, so you can check out that post here: Click Here
For this post I want to talk a bit about some of the best deals to keep your eyes open for while you’re shopping at itty bitty. These are things that I think you can find especially good deals on, or things that other people might overlook. Who doesn’t love a good deal?!
1. Bedding - Bedding is sort of a pain to package, as well as to display, so some people might overlook this section. However, if you’ve got a kiddo in a twin or full bed (and certainly a crib), you can find some smoking deals on great linens. There will be sheets galore, so grab em!
2. Socks - Okay. Your kids need socks. But why on earth are brand new socks so stinking expensive?? Either you buy cheap ones that have holes in the heels in a week, or you spend $12 on 3 pairs that are half missing by laundry day. Awesome. So buy socks at itty bitty. They’re usually packaged in ziploc baggies, with a bunch of pairs for a super good price. Spend a bit of time digging through the choices - you’ll be glad you did.
3. Books for grownups - If you’re like me, you like to keep up on your parenting reading material (in all of our free time, hahahahahahaha). After all, surely someone out there has written a manual, right? I like to buy parenting books so that I can underline important passages. Also, I don’t have to pay overdue fees when it inevitably takes me a year to read a single book. Itty bitty is a great place to find titles about boundries for teenagers, getting your picky toddler to eat, or whatever it is that you’re trying to figure out while raising tiny humans.
4. Cloth diapers - Maybe you’ve never tried cloth diapers, but are a tiny bit interested in giving them a go? Grab a few at itty bitty! Cloth diapers are expensive new, and that can be intimidating if you don’t know that you’ll love them. Buy a few different styles at itty bitty and give them a spin.
5. Gifts - Once you have a kid or two, you enter the world of “birthday parties every other weekend” and I don’t have to tell you that it is an expensive place to be! At itty bitty you can often find games or toys that are brand new in the package, which is fun if they’re priced well. But items don’t have to be brand new to be gifted. I give gently pre-loved items as gifts all the time, and they are always well received. I include a little note about how “my kids loved playing with this toy and they know you will too”, or (if it’s for a baby shower) “this item was super useful to me when I had brand new babes”, or something along those lines. Think about the gifts you will need to be giving in the next 6 months or so and stock up now!
6. Toys that are buried under other toys or stuck underneath the tables - Sometimes the very best stuff needs to be unearthed from the bottom of the stacks. Dig!!
7. Baby carriers - If you like having your hands free, getting things done, and knowing your little is safe and sound, chances are you wear them from time to time. Maybe you’ve never tried wearing them, or maybe you’re looking for a new type of carrier. Itty bitty is a great place to find a good deal.
8. Clothes that are too big for your kiddo right now - If you have the resources (money, storage space, brain power to plan ahead) buying ahead of your little’s current size is a great way to save money and stress. Say your size 3t wearing tot needs a raincoat. You look in the 3t section and there are none to your liking. Check the 4t section. For pete’s sake, that kid is only going to grow, so do yourself a favor and buy big. Roll up the sleeves for this season and wear it next season too! You might also check the 2t section, because some brands tend to run really big. As for the everyday clothes your kiddo needs, they’re going to wear that stuff all the time. Why not grab a few cute pairs of shorts for $2 each now, even if they won’t fit for a year? That way, when they WILL fit, you can just pull them out of a tub instead of running to Target and dropping four times as much for new shorts. I love to find one of a kind, super well priced, or especially cute treasures to stash away for the future. Buy ahead! Your future self thanks you. (Pro hint: keep a list of what you’ve got in what size in your phone. I don’t write down every single t-shirt I buy, but I do keep track of spendier stuff like coats and shoes so that I don’t buy multiple sets of rain boots or whatever.)
So there you go! I hope to see you at the itty bitty sale, and I want to see all of the treasures you nab! What sorts of things do you look for deals on at itty bitty? Is there anything you’re really hoping to find this time? Let me know in the comments, and happy shopping!
Megan Defferding is the mom to three super fun boys who love to find great stuff to do all around Lane County! Check out her blog series, Happy Adventuring, weekly on GoMomGo.
Our Itty Bitty friends have generously offered a $25 giftcard AND one of their coveted presale passes for us to giveaway!!! Wahoo!!!!!!
Comment on this blog post to be entered to win this amazing prize. The winner will be chosen Sunday (2/25).
All Advent Amy At Home Books Camp Christmas Christy Cup Of Tee Downtown Emily Encouragement Eugene Fall Picks Farms Gift Guide Giveaway Halloween Happy Adventuring Healthy Kids Happy Homes Hike Hike Mom Hike Holiday Holiday Picks Inside Play Jenna Junction City Lane County Library Mama Makes Martial Arts Megan Merry Reviews Museum Music Outside Parent Interviews Parks Portland Pumpkin Patch Recipes RiverPlay Road Trip Shopping Springfield The Very Best Thrifting Water Feature Yearly Event